View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Seems some unknown company from far away lands found someone stupid enough to peddle the stuff for them - who in turn found someone stupid enough to buy ...
I do not understand why are you blowing the problem up? Do not make a mountain out of a molehill!
First of all - just to find a "dead" pixel (one of 990.000) you have to use special checks. By normal using it is really quite impossible to find it.
Currently I have to replace only 1 of 100 sold devices (because of this "problem").
It is indeed absolutely the same High Contrast E Ink Pearl Screen that Amazon uses by Kindle DX - there is no selection like good screens for amazons, bad screens for others. I guess there was no one who decided to test his DX for "dead" pixels. Most people are just reading on their ereaders and not investigating аt what to carp.
Secondly - if someone is really worried about this problem, you can write a short message by ordering (in the registration form) and I will check the screen for such a problem before sending the device

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-19-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote