View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Thanks graycyn! This is helpful. I usually have good light where I read, but there are a few occasions when I need extra light and it sounds like the lighted cover may be a good solution.

It does seem as if Sony made a calculated decision to forgo the built-in light (at least for now) and focus instead on perfecting the reads-like-a-paper-book experience. I think they've succeeded in this, especially with the T2, which is very paper-like (imho) and a joy to read in good light.

Was this the right business decision on Sony's part? Hard to say. On the one hand, they may have saved themselves from the Kindle Paperwhite color-blotch nightmare, the Nook easy-to-scratch/bright-spot headache, and even the Kobo Glo is getting a few reports of bright pixels and pinholes(?).

On the other hand, if I frequently found myself in low-light situations, I would be tempted by the Kobo Glo.

I'd be curious to know whether B&N sells more of the Nooks with Glow Light or the straight Nooks with no light.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 10-14-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: accuracy
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote