View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koudijs View Post
Spot on. OpenBOOX uses the system_manager as is, this is no problem because it has no part in the look and feel. The explorer (gui_shell) is written from scratch.
hm - ic - so it's not as much as I thought it'd be... unfortunately, some of the stuff I need is actually in the system_manager... do you have a clear view on how gui_shell and system_manager interface, and whether there are forseeable API issues between the A60 and M92 version?

As I said: I'd be interested, but I cannot promise to do more than occasional stuff in the next months, as I'm currently in the hot phase of my thesis writing.
(Basically, hacking on the M92 is a sort of relaxing distraction in the evening, and I have to take care that it's not becoming too distracting... )

What would you deem the first step?
If your gui_shell can be compiled as a single binary which I may copy onto the regular firmware and try starting it, I could check whether it compiles in my M92 devel setup...

Would you like some M92 binaries (e.g., naboo) to check on whether they run on the A60? (It seems to me that it makes sense trying to salvage as much of the closed source from the newer firmware as we can... when I think about their promised multitasking functionality, I'm a bit worried about serious API modifications)
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote