View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Boox (M92) developer community?

Hi folks.

I've been wondering how many folks around here would like to hack/improve/debug things on the M92, but are stopped by the currently
- missing kernel, gui_shell, system_manager
- broken (outdated?) git repository versions

I don't fully get why Onyx is incommunicado about everything (did they get seriously burned by M90 feedback?).
I do understand that for many things, having a filtering, structuring interface to the customers is very beneficial. Filtering a load of demanding customer requests makes a lot of sense. (As I see it, Booxtor is evolving into their european distributor without the benefit of official status)

However, this is quite frustrating to people who'd like to hack with the device and improve things (as opposed to just requesting features). (It at least is frustrating me ).
Current sources, available communication channels (e.g., _official_ bugtracker) with developers are necessity to even consider debugging things.

If there's sufficient interest, maybe it'd make sense to prompt Booxtor to ask them about a developer program... :-|
I'm opening this thread to see whether there'd be enough folks for a developer community that would be interesting to Onyx.

So please raise you're hand, if you'd like to hack and help improving the M92 by debugging and/or adding features.

Last edited by kodomo; 03-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote