View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #22
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
I have to force myself to read faster rather than at my 'natural' speed. I was educated as a scientist and spent my whole life reading for technical content, not for pleasure...until now at retirement.

Even so, I tend toward books written by 'wordsmiths' who carefully craft descriptions or ideas. I find I must read for comprehension of description, not just plot, in order to appreciate their work. If the author took time to write (and probably re-write) it, then I'll take the time to read it. It rather like the difference between driving down the interstate and walking in the woods. How much we miss when we rush ...
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote