View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 PM   #95
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It goes...

"I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation..."

There's even a video!
My first thought was "that is just wrong," but then I saw this one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Maybe VR's human could build him one of these for Christmas and he can play catch.

Disclaimer: Barcey does not condone the making of this video. Beer and engineering should not be mixed.
And it put the barbie thing in perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You're in a minority of 3 now. I am telling myself the same thing, too.
I don't approve either, but it's not really out of concern for the squirrel -- the little buggers are pretty tough and weigh very little. If it didn't catch itself on a handy tree limb it probably just hit the ground, rolled a few times and developed a mortal fear of pasta strainers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
A catapult you (and VR) might approve of more...

I'd love to build something like that for one of my dogs -- he'll litterally chase a ball 'till he keels over if you let him. But he's such a ninny he'd be scared of the ruddy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(squirrels sound like chickens ? that's just weird.)
You should hear some of their other sounds. There's one that's kind of a wheezing squawk -- took me years to figure out it was squirrels making the sound, but I finally spotted one while he was doing it. Their whole bodies swell up like they're trying to breath in a whole baloon and then they cut loose with this indescribable sound. It's just a bit creepy to see, actually.

Actually, here's a small collection of squirrel sounds, the one I'm describing is the first one on the list (over on the right).
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote