View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
That happens to me all the time even with my short stories - what comes out the fingers frequently has only the vaguest resemblance to the idea that started out in my mind.

That's why I write short stories - I'd hate to tackle a novel! who knows where it would end up!
You guys should read "The Triggering Town" by Richard Hugo
http://www.amazon.com/The-Triggering.../dp/039333872X

Not necessarily about fiction but it applies to all writing IMO. Focused on the idea of what trigger/inspiration starts a piece of writing and what happens from there.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote