Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Mmm, I think Calibre (a wonderful program that I've been using) does something different: it seems to me to be more focussed on device management and conversion of ebooks, rather than a pure indexing tool.
You can add tags to books and search them by tag. You can sort the books by Title, Author, Publisher, Series. Book info does not show you the file name like iTunes does, but the newest version (still in beta) organizes the files on your hard drive by Author, Title so they are very easy to find if you want to transfer ebooks to a device using the OS Explorer/Finder.

Yes, I think it does need a bit more work. I would like to see a tag list / cloud so you can navigate through them without having to sort on them. Also, I think the list has to be paged rather than just listing all the books in the grid since I have seen reports of large (10k) collections really slowing down the UI.

You should download the beta to your Mac... it has come along way. Not sure what version you are using. Then, you can add features you like to it rather than starting from scratch...

In addition to the tag list / cloud navigation it would be nice to Like, it would be nice to display the file path somewhere. This is actually a new feature in the beta where the files are stored in the file system rather than the database.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote