Thread: Computer format
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Hi. I've been using calibre for over a year now and I have an extensive collection of books. I also spent a lot of time playing around so it looks just the way I need it to look.

But I now I need to format my computer and I really don't want to spend hours changing everything to the way I like. The library, I know how to backup and bring back.

What I want to know is what exactly do I need to back up to keep all my custom preferences, from the main program and from the plug-ins. Is it enough to copy the program folder? Or do I need to be more selective of what I copy into the new installation?

Thanks in advance for you help.
The programs folder is the only one YOU DON'T copy.
Yo, copy the Library folder INTACT (all files)
You copy the 'Calibre configuration folder' (get to it via Preferences Miscellaneous: button)

AFAIK even thought they are copied as part of the config, Plugins will need to be re-installed (the old settings will be used)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote