View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #42
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
I hope there is some sort of co-branding/banner at least to give the customer a heads up.
There's supposed to be. The ABA long ago asked individual participating bookstores for their logos as web-ready graphics meeting specific size criteria.

So far, all I've seen is a url append, like so, in this case for Titcomb's bookshop in Massachusetts:

Quote:
You can purchase ebooks through Titcomb's Bookshop at Kobo by clicking here.

http://www.kobobooks.com/?utm_medium...rce=ABA2080030
where each store has its own ABA participant number.

From what I've heard, those parameters can be passed at the end of a URL pointing to a specific book title, also.

I'm sure it it will only take a moment before all kinds of problems with this approach can be thought up and posted to this thread, so I won't belabor the point. But it seems that Kobo is trying to get the stores on board with getting their customers to a place where the credit-back is mindless on the part of the purchaser: associating all book purchases from a given account; associating all purchases made on a particular device, etc.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote