Thread: PRS-500 Announcing BBeB Binder 0.2
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #17
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
Back when I did program a lot (in the dark old days) my languages of choice were COBOL, FORTRAN, and Assembler. I still have MASM loaded and use it from time-to-time. Maybe it is that time of life to update the programming tools.
I'm old school like you; my first programming was on a Sperry Univac 1100 over a 300 baud teletype with paper tape. I was a hardcore C and assembly programmer for many years, and thought that Java was for people who didn't understand pointers. Then about 3 years ago I got the opportunity to write an app in C# and I've never looked back; it makes programming fun again - and a whole lot faster. If you have any interest still in coding, try it; you'll like it, and you'll be amazed at what you can do with little effort.

As for why .Net 2.0, for me (and probably for BBeBinder too) its because of the support for generics, which isn't in 1.x.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote