View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Sara_J
Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sara_J ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncowboy View Post
My opinions (worth what you are paying for them!):
1 - Figures, Tables, Illustrations, Charts - all are valid. Most important is to maintain consistency. You could caption all the table screenshots as tables, and caption everything else as figures. Whatever you feel is proper.
2. I would create the appendix with it's own numbering. I do this and let MS Word automatically create a List of Illustrations for easier navigation.
3. Numbering is again a personal choice. Check out other books that are in your niche and see if there are any "typical" formats.
4. I capitalize it as it refers to a major section of the book.
5. Capitalize the if in Figure.
6. See answers to 2 and 3.
Bob
Many thanks! Makes a lot of sense. Yes, I'm trying to emphasize consistency above all.

In the Appendix, I am thinking of labelling each table/drawing as Appendix I, Appendix II, Appendix III etc (using Roman numbers), but also leaving the actual numbering of the table/drawing as used in the book too e.g.

Appendix XI
Table 2

Appendix XII
Chart 4

Would this be correct?

And lastly, is really the Appendix the right place to put all the tables/drawings that I have already used in the book's content? I'm asking because I seem to read that the Appendix should be for supplemental stuff (i.e. stuff that hasn't been used in the book, only referenced). Would Annex be more appropriate for my case?

Thanks again!
Sara_J is offline   Reply With Quote