View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, that's precisely the point. Editing is not an "optional" part of writing a book; it's an investment that will hugely more than repay itself if the book is any good.
Investment or not, how are people expected to pay a professional editor if they're on a shoestring budget and have no guarantee of a meaningful return on it? You also have to factor in that a decent cover isn't cheap either and a lot of artists get snippy if you want all the rights. That's up to a thousand bucks for an ebook that might not get any return at all. I don't count something as an investment unless it guarantees *some* return- which I know is odd in these days of market trader capitalism.

When you make less than 8k a year, things go from "maximum risk hoping for maximum return" to "how can I string everything out as far as I can and minimize waste."
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote