View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Actually more grayscale levels would give text a better appearance with subpixel rendering. But I can not find any evidence this technology is applicable to eInk displays.
I don't know if 16 levels is enough to make anti-aliasing effective. I know I don't miss it at all on the 300 (200 ppi is plenty for my eyes) but I know different people have different thresholds. This is just a gut-feel guess on my part, no hard evidence to back it up.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote