View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
Thanks, Dale. YOU'RE IN GRASS VALLEY??? Dang...I'm in Cascade Shores, just east of Nevada City!!! It's a freakin' small world, I tell ya! Time to update my profile...

Bear with me here...I feel really embarrassed because I'm a total tech guy who's not afraid to mess around with ROMs, firmware, registries, hardware, etc. But I'm a total noob when it comes to messing around with ebook readers. But I do catch on fast when pointed in the right direction.

I went to the jinke web site and from the top, clicked on "Support" and was presented with a page containing downloads, one of which is the Logomaker software that has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Near the bottom there is a link for "V3 Update Package". Clicking that, I get detailed information about the download there, which is labled: V3update hanlin V2.02EN 2009-01-20 2009-01-20

I'm still having a hard time determining whether the firmware version in my reader is the most current or not. That update label doesn't match anything I see in the "about" section on the reader (which says Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.090421). I'm assuming this is a recent firmware looking at what I believe to be the date (090421). This is in the second line of the "about" page in Settings.

Also I would like to change/add fonts. Again, new stuff to me in the world of ebook readers.

Any further information you or anyone else can provide would be gratefully appreciated.
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote