View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #313
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
Not to seem overly picky or ungrateful, but the numbers really do bother me. I'll learn to love it if there's no other solution, but I'd prefer to not have the numbers displayed as part of the title on my Kindle. Anyone have any other solutions like the publication date trick?
1) Create a textfile for each series listing the order of the books

2) Create sub-collections for each book number - this can even be automated if using the "create collections from filestructure" feature. Calibre can save each book into its own subfolder in a series - this time not through plugboards, but the send to device option.

1) and 2) not really what you want, so I thought up something else:

3) mess with the author tag in plugboards instead of title - as in adding the booknumber in front, then the normal authors, and then select sort by author - the title would be nice, if you can live with weird authors ...

edit: or adding the # after the author - as it should be the same author for a series - this way sorting by authors still would sort correctly

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote