View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Yep.. Starting to get pissed with automatic downloads of samples. Simplest way for *me* is to just not turn off wifi, download new books to PC, strip DRM and sideload.
Not that I suggest stripping of DRM (I think it actually against the law in some places) ... but seems to be that B&N, in making it harder for folks to do what they want with the hardware they have paid for, will encourage folks to bypass DRM and root their devices.

Haven't they learned from the MP3 history yet ... and learned that the best route to discourage piracy is simply to lower the price of songs/books and make it easy to put on a device?
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote