View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Bought the PRS-505 today...woohoo!

Hi all,
After much "fence sitting" and "waffling" I finally purchased an ereader. I bought the Sony 505 and after fiddling around with it for the past 2 hours I am thrilled with it.
I was waffling between the kindle2 and the 505 and have exhaustively researched them both...whew lots of reviews and user comments.
I chose the 505 because of its' size, robust build...I hope lol, and its' cost.
I do not need nor want the kindle's ability to download anywhere, nor did I like the size and format of the device. Its' cost was also much more than I wanted to pay.

I already have 40ish books downloaded from the Baen Free Library...all at no cost...and most are duplicates of my already purchased and very well worn paper backs and hard covers. I prefer reading sci-fi novels but enjoy classics as well.
I also bought this device for its' PDF ability. I read a lot of reviews and users manuals of a variety of things and this allows me to download the reviews to the 505 and read where I want also eliminating the need and waste of printing the document only to discard it later at some point.

Thanks to those that helped me off the fence.
Any suggestions regarding its' use would be appreciated.
I use the elibrary but also use Calibre and the Adobe Digital Editions.
Kai
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote