View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I like BD's approach - a WYSIWYG editor, with a separate "tool" for viewing and editing the underlying HTML of a region of selected text for "problem" situations. That, for me, is an excellent way of working. I do not like working directly in HTML - not because I don't understand it (I write websites as a part of my job), but because the tags get in the way of seeing the layout of the text.
Yes the HTML editor is something BD did well and it did a great job displaying the HTML in the WYSIGYG editor. However my experience with the editor was terrible. I found doing anything but the most trivial was extremely difficult.

It was actually Patricia that gave me the idea to write a BookCreator, she mentioned all her editing work was in Word then imported it to BookDesigner. I thought what a great idea, so when I created BookCreator all I wanted was a template with some marcos to make the editing easy. Then import it to BD.

Eventually it's grew to building it's own formats.
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 01-27-2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: updated grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote