View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #88
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If a series is fully available and I am enjoying the read I will go back to back until either I complete the series or alternatively until the series turns sour. Once a series turns sour I most likely will move on and not come back.
That's a very good point. Many authors take a new direction that formerly faithful readers may not appreciate or run out of (creative) steam. I rarely come back to a series once its gone sour.

I can't recall if I ever read a lengthy series back-to-back. (I don't think Girl Genius counts.) If there are only a few books I might be fascinated enough to get through those (if they are available to me.) Since I often read several books at once, my usual reading patterns predispose toward taking breaks between installments (sometimes with another series).
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote