View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Maybe I'm daft, but I seem to have read at some point in time that e-mailing stuff to your Kindle e-mail address actually costs money for each item you send, and it costs extra if the file needs to be converted to Mobi/AZW.

Was this ever the case, is it still the case, does it only apply if you download through 3G.... I am not completely sure. If it costs money, then mailing a load of stuff to your Kindle could walk into the papers (*).

(*) That was an intentionally written, direct 1-to-1 translation of the Dutch proverb "In de papieren lopen", which means something costs much more money than intended.
I think that might be in the case of Whispernet. Wi-Fi is free but sometimes there could be a charge if done by Whispernet. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...200767340#fees
I always use my Wi-Fi so I don't have that problem.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote