View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #22434
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Ev'rywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store
But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTnzNeTWmE )

Good morning, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
It is the first time ever that I liked the hothouse temperature of my mother-in-laws apartment (95 years).
I'm thinking of emigrating to the Orient.
Might not help so much... 4° here right now! I'm afraid to take a shower! Thank goodness my tea is hot! Good "Assam" tea from the East India Company, a bowl of miso soup and a half a chicken breast for breakfast! I really should have more 'cuz I'm celebrating today. I finally cracked the 86kg mark! The scale read 85.4kg this morning! Yippee! Lightest I've been since before Grad School!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
On my way to Abu Simbel I see several trucks going from Nubia, through the Nubian desert, to Egypt, for the large camel market in Bisqar.
Trucks! I want to see Tuareg Warriors riding Arabian stallions, each of them looking like Sean Connery, galloping across desert sands!

Quote:
Abu Simbel: The great temple of Rameses II, built between 1274-1244 B.C.
20 meters high and relocated in 1960-1980 to save it from the rising water of the Nile (the dams).
Can you imagine what this area must have looked like to the anthropologists of the early 1900's... I remember when the were building the Aswan Dam, and thinking about all the history being lost under rising waters... They only moved a few of the more major things they KNEW about!
You pictures really make me want to visit that area, and that's saying something because I really don't like deserts!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote