View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #128
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Crap battery, bad viewing angles (saw one in Wal-Mart and couldn't make out the screen at the standard angle, like half the slope of a \), only 8GB onboard, and Honeycomb 3.2 with no opportunity to upgrade to ICS (without wiping it and manually installing, with no guarantees it'll work right on the hardware; I can live without Jelly Bean, though :P).

MAYBE if it were $150 ($177.00 after tax and bus fare), and then only because it's available locally and I'd be impatient to get it.
I'll give you the poor battery life (I average 4.5 - 5 hrs awake time), but c'mon, don't dis it after a viewing in Walmart .

Considering I've used one every day for months now, I think $200 is a great price though $150 would be better. There is bad viewing in one orientation, but since it's a handheld device it's easy to flip it over. HDMI out for the times you're showing a movie or photos to a crowd (when I'm feeling super lazy, I use the HDMI out to read in bed ). 8gig, expandable with SD card (I've got a 64GB one in mine). Where did you hear there was no ICS? Acer put out an Over the Air upgrade in late May, early June. I've been running ICS for almost 3 months now, automatic update, no problems installing. Personally, I think it's a great little device.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote