View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #126
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
I got in just fine but wifi was not working. I attempted to restore my KF back to the factory settings and all I get now the the white and orange "kindle fire".
The device shows up in the device manager and the KFU shows unknown status.
Some threads at xda and lilitputing suggest using the CMD prompts but I am not familiar with command lines.
Is there a way to do a hard restore?
Tell us exactly what device manager list the device as:
"Android ADB Interface"
or
"Android Composite ADB Interface"

Or something else?

EDIT: Here's a post I found that details exactly what I was going to tell you try next:

Open Device Manager
Open the "Android Phone" entry
Right click whatever's under Android Phone ("Android ADB Interface", or "Android Composite Interface")
Go to Update Driver Software
"Browse My Computer for Driver Software" ... "Let me pick from a list of ..."
Turn off "Show Compatible Hardware" checkbox
If you right clicked "Android Composite Interface" above, try installing the driver for "Android ADB Interface". Or vice versa. This seemed to do the trick for me.

Last edited by ApK; 07-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote