View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #17
lindemaximilian
lindemaximilian began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenseken View Post
Hi Peter!

yes, I admit I took some trouble in this PDF file. But it's mostly because I'd like to know how other eReaders work - I might get me another model sooner or later.
Just now I'm still waiting for touchscreen capabilities - without having to pay 600+ euros for it ...

By the way: what I momentarily do is a version of an Italian-to-German dictionary (from the site you linked me to). But 150,000 words is really too much for a pdf. So I'm about to throw out more than 100,000 of them (mainly by using grep to eliminate all "-o,-i,-a,-iamo,-ate,-anno" words etc.).
That will take some time - and I can't spend more than 1-3 hours daily on that.

See you, Clemens

If you take out all the inflections of the words you strongly reduce the usefulness of the dictionary for ebook reading, at least on devices which have no word input possibility. For instance, on the Cybook Gen 3 there is a look-up function for mobi books where you can obtain the translation of a word in the text you are just reading. But it must be the exact grammatical form of this very word; if you select the word mangiamo and it is not in the dictionary you will not get a result. There is no way to try mangiare for which there would be of course a translation.
Cheers
Peter
lindemaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote