Thread: corrupted dbase
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #43
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Thank you! Hopefully one last question - the files say always say "Running" in Task Scheduler. But, they have completed the task and never switch to "ready". Is that a problem?
I have a backup task that I started 4 years ago. It still says "Running" on XP's Scheduled Tasks list.

Depending on the size of your library, that batch will take a while to run the first time. If you are concerned, just go to the run box, type "cmd" to get a terminal/command prompt and then cd to your batch and run it manually - see if it ends properly. I suspect it will.

One last comment. I looked at your robocopy options. You might want to take off the /purge option, and keep another copy of your batch file with that option. You could manually run the second batch file whenever you wanted to recover some extra space.

Here's why:
The backups of metadata.db contain links to ebooks in a specific folder. Most of us don't delete a lot of books, but we do fix metadata, which may change author or title. If you change author or title on a book, Calibre will change the folder name where the book is stored, and change the link in metadata.db to that folder. Running robocopy with the /purge option will remove the old folder name and the old book from your backup, but that's the folder name you'd like to keep because it matches the metadata.db backups.

Basically, turning off the purge option will keep a few older copies of ebooks in your backup that match the older metadata.db backups. They won't hurt the newer backups, except to the extent that a bit of extra space is used.

If you leave purge always on, the older metadata.db backups can still be used, but you might lose the links to a book if you changed title or author. The book would still be in your backup, but it would be under its newer folder name. You could probably find it if necessary.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote