View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #655
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Thanks for your modifications. It seems a significant percent of your changes have to do with parsing the RESC section. The text direction itself is stored in the exth metadata. The cover image info is also available from exth values.

So what types of useful information are you capturing from the RESC section? For most of the examples I have seen, it is basically a small shell and not that useful.

Will you please post a small mobi azw3 style test case for rtl ebooks and a second test case that shows significant information in the RESC section that can't be found in other places in the EXTH metadata?

Also, perhaps we should pull the RESC parsing code into its own file to make the changes more self-contained and easier to follow.

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi,

I have modified the KindleUnpack package. The main aim of this modification is to be able to process right-to-left page progression books properly.

I have added:
the page progression direction attribute in a spine tag,
some id_map_strings,
K8 RESC section processing.
I attach the modified version to this post. I hope it works correctly on any environments.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote