View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
widuvarg
widuvarg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
PDF's not completely displayed

I've had my PRS-650 for a few years now, and I really enjoy it. I do have a problem with it, and not surprisingly it's with PDF files. About a third of all PDF files i've tried have this problem.

Some PDF books I have turn white after a few pages. One book I have is displaying pages 1 to 18 perfectly, and then there are only white pages. At the start of the next chapter (say, on page 35), the text returns. But again, only about half of the pages of that chapter are displayed, and the other half are white pages.

Other books aren't displayed at all, instead the page nr. bar states that it only has one page.

What could be the cause of this problem? The files are displayed correctly on my laptop, and there are no visible differences between the displayed pages and those that are not.

Edit: I've already updated the firmware, to no avail.

Edit 2: An acceptable workaround is converting the files from pdf to prc with mobipocket creator, and then to epub with calibre. This solves the above problem, and epub is always easier to read than a pdf. But still, if anyone knows why this happens and how to solve it, please tell.

Last edited by widuvarg; 01-15-2013 at 11:56 AM.
widuvarg is offline   Reply With Quote