View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
KFHD 7" vs KFHD 8.9" diffs (besides scrn size!)

A couple of years ago I bought the Kindle DXG 9.7" thinking it was a larger (and therefore better for me) version of the 6" K3. My mistake. The software seemed not to quite be as functional as the k3-keyboard 6"...never updated, and now it is being discontinued. And I purchased the expensive Amazon cover, which seemed to freeze the device and I had to remove it! I do like the larger screen for PDFs, but the plastic frame has cracked in a couple of places and basically it is on "borrowed" time I think.

Has any of these type of discrepancies (software, support) been noticed between the KFHD 7" and 8.9" devices? I realize the larger device just shipped, but perhaps there are comments? Any other people have concerns?

Does anyone feel that the add'tl $100 is worth the screen size increase? I would prefer the 8.9" size - older eyes and all that, primarily for WWW browsing and videos - but I am hesitant to get myself into a similar situation once again.

I appreciate any opinions!

Last edited by rgeorg; 12-05-2012 at 07:38 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote