View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #44
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Jeebers. at least it's nice and simple then.

There's more to digest there than a footlong.

On this one I am genuinely glad not to have to have my head caved in through understanding. Going to be mighty careful with the dx...
Oh, you mean you didn't want to know that the internal i.ROM code can boot from an external hard disk drive?

Say what?
You don't have a hard disk drive in your Kindle? Why not?

There are SSD "hard disk" drives on a mini-PCIe card (the card/connector holding the 3G modem/radio) dating back to at least the EeePC 701 (probably before that).

I never had a chance to drag out the test equipment to see if the hard disk bus was wired to that connector (the PCIe lines) - a mini-PCIe card is not **required** to have the PCIe lines connected.

And the Kindle may only have the serial and USB lines on the connector connected to the SoC chip.
I just never had a RoundToIt that it would take to ID what connector lines are enabled on my K3.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote