View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Question How to modify keyboard layout [help requested]

Hi there,
I' trying to use an external keyboard with non english layout on the big edge, but Android does not recognize its special keys (à,è,é,ì,ò,ù...).
Seems like this is a common trouble with Android for non native english people.

The edges are the only Android devices i ever used, and I didn't ever try to root them, as I didnt feel having the market was important enough for risking to damage the device. Use edge for its own main features.

I found an user who compiled these KL and BIN files for using an external italian keyboard with his own android-based Archos 101.

http://hotfile.com/dl/117643723/912a..._keyb.zip.html

I wonder if they can be used with the edge too. According to his instructions

the KL file should be copied in keylayouts
the KCM.bin in keychars
(both inside /system/usr)

I tried to copy them there but edge does not allow me to do it. I suppose I need root access to do it. How can I proceed?

Thanks!
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote