View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Exclamation X-Ray Builder with Locations

It is different from the current x-ray generator that is available in that it also includes the location and chapter information needed to m[ake a complete X-Ray file for the Kindles that support them. This lets you view the characters and terms broken down by chapter or on the current page as well as shows excerpts from the book for each character.

It is a console application, done in C# (Visual Studio 2010). I had intended it to be used for personal-use only so I have not bothered adding a GUI for it at this point.
As you'll see, the actual concept is fairly basic.
Source is available here: https://code.google.com/p/xray-builder/
Check-out with Mercurial or download binary from the Downloads section.
I'll attach the binary to this post as well.

It requires:
  • HtmlAgilityPack (included in the .rar -- as far as I know it can be distributed freely?)
  • .Net Framework 4.0 (probably?)

A py2exe-packed version of mobi_unpack has been included as well. If you wish, the original mobi_unpack.py can be used, but Python 2.7 must be installed.

Hopefully I haven't overlooked anything major. Please feel free to let me know if there are any issues with anything I have done with all this at all, or any suggestions/changes to improve.

In theory, you should be able to download the binary and start drag-dropping mobi/azw files onto it without worrying about the pre-requisites... aside from the .Net Framework of course!

It does rely on Shelfari content, so you may have to edit the entry for a book if it does not exist or has improper/incomplete entries. In many cases, in this implementation at least, you will have to add aliases for the various terms and characters (info on that in the readme) in order for excerpts to be found.

Download here.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 09-07-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote