View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #728
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
U-Boot (for Kindle Touch) that includes fastboot "server", automatically goes straight into fastboot mode on booting and could be loaded with imx_usb_loader. Use Yifan Lu's fastboot client for sending fastboot commands.

This U-Boot is intentionally and rudely crippled in an effort to make room for fastboot code. Only following fastboot commands are expected to work: getvar, setvar, download, flash and reboot. Other fastboot commands may not work or return completely wrong result without any warnings or fail in funky way. Serial access to U-Boot console should not work at all.

Beginning of old (original) content:
Spoiler:
With the help of hammer, chisel and pile of damns I've managed to make ordinary U-Boot that includes fastboot "server", automatically goes straight into fastboot mode on booting and could be loaded with imx_usb_loader. I've used Yifan Lu's fastboot client to get idme var and it worked. But I have no desire to overwrite my partitions now (to test flash command) Note, that check command will not return real result (as crc32 checking function was removed to decrease file size).

Of course, I can't say for sure, whether it really does not require bist U-Boot, as I has no serial console access and can't check the log. So sorry for disappointment if it will not work as described. Report me and I will delete attachment.
(Patch to original U-Boot source will be provided soon, if it really will work; just let me day or two to tidy up that mess of impulsive edits UPD: done.)
Attached Files
File Type: bin fastboot.bin (71.7 KB, 899 views)

Last edited by eureka; 12-22-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: replace fastboot.bin with new, current version
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote