View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 AM   #10
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Even if the controller supports SDIO, you would still need a firmware update with drivers and a way to interact with the wireless. It would also need some kind of input device hack to enter WEP/WPA keys. I don't see it happening.

My thinking is Sony is sticking with its Memory Stick fetish as they have done all these years, and added SD support to appeal to a wider range of people. SD and memory stick card slots are seldom fitted with a cover, usually they just stick in a dummy (which is exactly how I got my 505, with 2 dummy sticks). Or possibly they wanted you to have the books in the memory stick slot, and you can quickly and conveniently slot in an SD card with pictures from a camera or something.
Well so far as the input device hack goes, I don't think that would be all that necessary. The dictionary app (I believe) lets people input letters by using the existing buttons. Also I'd be totally cool if it only worked on open networks. There are enough of them out there that typing in a new key all the time wouldn't even be worth it. If it was a home situation where youd like to still have encryption you could probably type it and sync it from the pc.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote