View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #22
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A good place to have Persuasion win is in the romance month. There are some better books nominated this month. So please don't drag them down with a dreary romance book.
In terms of literary merit, the only other nomination this month to equal Persuasion is Middlemarch. I'll happily reread either, but Persuasion is shorter. Classics can come in a lot of forms and I have no issue with any book on this month's list, but to dismiss Persuasion as "a dreary romance" shows you don't know whereof you write. I assume you've never read it?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote