View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
I don't exchange my real personal computer for nothing.

Thanks to so much propaganda in these forums favoring eInk devices, I've been tempted on and off to get at least a Kindle. But I don't really see any major benefit. Seems like a superficial gadget to invest, featuring as the only real benefit the battery life.
Yep, because they are the preferred method of reading ebooks. Got to love the emotive choice of words there.

Propaganda? Good grief.

Quote:
We've done that jig already, right? Distractions are a part of everyday life, either SMS, videogames, TV, kids running amok while you're under your stereotypical kindle tree, birds singing etc.
Yep because it is true. Oh, you forgot that your phone might be ringing as well.

Quote:
It's up to you to ignore all of that if you wanna read. At least with a smartphone, it's as easy as uninstalling the damned Angry Birds and putting the network down with the touch of the Plane Mode button.
Why would I disable a mobile's phone primary function to read a book? Very strange.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote