View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Man, I wish you'd tackle the works of Kunio Yanagita, most of which have never been translated into English. For years I've been making minor feints in the direction of learning Japanese, but I simply lack the discipline.
I did my PhD thesis on Shimazaki Tôson, so I'm actually quite familiar with Yanagita. He did some pioneering work in collecting old Japanese tales. Have you read "Tales of Old Japan" a collection by A. B. Miford?

Is there some clearing house for copyrighted material, where I can find out if it is still in copyright? The originals are more than a 100 years old, but obviously copyrights can be renewed.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote