View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #19
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I didn't watch the whole thing but think you guys are being uneccessarily picky here. Yes they definitely should have kept the Glo's light turned down a bit, but they did show the light at similar levels and even then the Paperwhite's light looked better, though they did mention that the Glo's light being brighter as a good thing (just the blue tinge was the negative).

I agree with Katy Did though, it's not something I particularly noticed when looking at the Glo instore (although that was under bright shop lights and not in the dark, so not particularly helpful). I doubt it's really going to be much of an issue under standard use, perhaps the Paperwhite's light is a little less blue, but unless you are looking at them both at the same time, it's probably something you are never going to notice, and it's balanced out by the fact that the Glo's light distribution at the bottom of the screen is better masked.

They later mention that the screen resolutions are pretty similar but that the Glo was more versatile with better customisation, SD card and a on/off button for the light etc.

Also, if people are complaining that they didn't show a Kindle with green splotches, perhaps they should have and lined it up against a Glo with a couple of glowing light pixels? No, instead they have showed two screens with no faults....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote