leecole
Lee Cole
leecole began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire,Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Ipod Touch
Collections for Kindle Fire app

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for the hint.

There is a way to open books that have a valid amazon ID. Unfortunately, most books that come from calibre libraries do not have a "real" amazon ID, so the way doesn't work. My guess is that the app you point at works with books that have been downloaded from amazon and thus have valid IDs associated with them.

I have spent many hours trying to reverse engineer what exactly K4A does with the ID with the hope of being able to pass a file name instead, without success. That doesn't mean that there isn't a way, but it isn't documented and it isn't guessable, at least by me.
I have and use Collections for Kindle Fire app, and I have several hundred Calibre books loaded into it (when I say Calibre books, I mean mostly epub books the Calibre has converted into mobi) and if I select any one of them, and click OPEN, the Kindle Fire does indeed open the book, no problem. When I close the book, I return to the Fire's home, and the next time I enter Collections app, I enter on a edit of that books info where I may update my reading progress if I desire. Ideally closing the book would have taken me back into Collections, but the point is, Collections is able to open the Kindle Reader with the book. Collections doesn't download the books, so they are already in the Sdcard/Books folder, maybe Calibre Companion needs to download from Calibre into Sdcard/Books folder.

I use Dolphin browser instead of Silk, for that reason, when I download from Calibre server, Dolphin asks where I want to download to, and I choose Sdcard/Books.

Lee Cole
leecole is offline   Reply With Quote