View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #24
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticvillage View Post
Dear all - I am a newcomer to digital reading and have still to purchase my first reader. I have been reading on PC up till now. I really like this community - the posts sound friendly and helpful.

I'd like to ask about people's experience with the size of screen. The E-Book is supposed to take the place of a paperback (for example). But do people find they are turning pages very quickly with a 6" diagonal screen? From the books I have, on average I would say the reading page is more like 7 or 8" diagonally.

Any reason why 6" seems to be standard and are people able to read at a comfortable pace with this size?

Best wishes
Jim
Measure the block of text in a paper book. Yes, the pages in a book are generally larger, but there's also a margin around the text, which you hardly have on that 6" screen. The margin is the bezel, so to say. I have no problems reading from my 3.4" to my 7" screens. Don't miss paper book sizes at all, as a matter of fact, when I do have a paper book, I often am annoyed at those huge margins in them!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote