View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 04:29 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteagle View Post
Or does she know that Amazon let their Mobipocket customers go almost a month last September without being abel to download ebooks they purchased without warning, public statement or apology.
Lest we forget, Mobi took the extremely responsible step of taking down their servers last year because of a potential security breach which could have affected the security of customer accounts. They did apologise for the move, but decided that to take down the servers, while causing inconvenience, was in the best interests of their customers - something which I completely agree with.

As I recall, the outage lasted for about two weeks.

There is, however, not the slightest reason to suppose that this is anything other than a temporary server outage. Doing a "tracert" shows that the site is simply not there at the moment - I suspect they've had some kind of hardware failure.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote