Thread: Ulysses
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Tried it. Gave up after a couple pages. Incomprehensibility should not be confused with genius, just my opinion. But hey, it has endured for this long, so there must be something about it that speaks to people.

I do suspect some people that have read Ulysses, or at any rate those who claim to have read and enjoyed it, just want to seem smarter than everyone else. No one here at the MR forum, obviously. Certainly none of the matter-of-fact comments so far reek of the pretension I've smelt in other discussions of this book.

That last comment seems sarcastic, even to me, but I swear it's completely sincere! I even may consider getting those supplemental materials mentioned and digging in. Probably not until I retire though. I need to read War & Peace, Don Quixote, and The Count of Monte Cristo before I think of tackling Ulysses!
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote