View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #24
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Great metaphor! It's probably not the kind of model I'd want (unless their entire current p-book inventory becomes available for a fixed monthly fee of about US$25) but I think it would really move e-books into the mainstream.
That would be fabulous though I doubt we'd see it any time soon. I'd consider a Kindle before that if the functionality was good, there was a fairly broad selection of titles and we got a bit of a discount on them over the pbook price. However, included in my baseline criteria for calling functionality good is that it would have to support a few other common formats and the ability to transfer your own books on there outside of the Kindle network. I wouldn't be too keen on that toaster if it only toasted Wonder bread.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote