View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #1665
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hi Meme,

I just set up Kindle collections on my iMac, and any time I go into "Customize Collections" it crashes when I click "Ok", whether I make a change or not.

I then get an extremely long error message, which I've attached to this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
@NiLuJe Thanks. I will try to get this into a new version - its pretty much what I was expecting to do, but I wasn't sure if the formats were close enough that the code to extract the information would work.

@Nyssa I don't have a Mac so I've no way to test it or to find out if other Mac users have the issue, or what might have changed in calibre or the Mac to know what's causing the issue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That crash is almost certainly caused by some QAction in your plugin that is being garbage collected. Make sure you keep references to all QActions in your plugin to prevent them from being garbage collected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That can be the case, yes.

But I recently saw a problem with a user on Mac that had all the symptoms of a garbage collected QAction but wasn't.

Just something else to look at if keeping references doesn't fix it.
Thanks guys. I hope Meme can work it out. I'd hate to lose the use of Kindle Collections, its one of my favorite Plugins.