View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This forum used to get high traffic and it made sense to have a top level.

Sort of make sense to give up a prime slot, since the (Manufacturer delivery of the) product is not currently available.

Actually, the Forum should change it's name to Simply Astak, since a lot of support for the Mentor line took place here.

My 2 cents
+1

I agree here. There use to be a high level of traffic, but of late it is only people conversing as to the continuity of the company and seeking when/if stock will be up for sale.

It's funny you mention the Mentor line as it does not appear you can buy the Mentor from Astak anymore, which begs the question, if contractual issues exist between the company and the factory manufacturing the EZ Line, why not in the interim push hard the Mentor line or find another e-reader to distribute?? There has been close to 3 months of "out of stock" and removal of any mention of the Mentor line with Astak/EZRead. If anyone here knows about risk management and corporate failure....well from where we are sitting things are not looking good.

All I know is regardless of what happens on this forum Astak will have a hard time re-entering the market and being successful. Be very difficult for them to say "Here is our EZ Reader Plus again for $179" when a person can pay $139 for a Kindle/Nook wifi with ebookstore integration, regular updates etc, or $149 for a Kobo wifi - once again ebookstore integration (loosely translating into ease of use for people who just want to read). Heck for $179 you buy a Sony with once again ebookstore integration and funky touchscreen and pearl display (and even though ebookstore integration is there the end user has the option of installing ADE if they so choose and buy ebooks elsewhere - Kindle excluded of course).

So all I can say is....there is a big challenge ahead and remaining essentially dormant for the last few months is only making the job harder. I honestly believe they should have pushed the Mentor in the interim or found another ereader to keep themselves in the market. My thoughts anyway.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote