View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 AM   #7
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
theducks, I looked at the css and there is no class ".italics" defined there. But Calibre has no problems reading or converting the epub while maintaining italics so why should Sigil?

I also need to correct something I said earlier. The italics are still there when I open the epub in Sigil. It's when saving an epub in Sigil that they are lost. The metadata TOC, however, is changed immediately upon opening in Sigil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028 View Post
I was looking for the headings examples as Sigil will compose the epub TOC from them auto-magically.
Ok, here is what the coding looks like for the headings that are in the TOC:

heading top level:

Code:
<div class="partHead" id="ph01">
				<h2 class="partNumber" style="text-indent: 0%;">
					<span class="bold">
						Part 1
					</span>
				</h2>
				<h2 class="partTitle" style="text-indent: 0%;">
					<span class="bold">
						Memories Are Like Raindrops
					</span>
				</h2>
			</div>

heading next level:

Code:
<div class="chapterHead">
				<h2 class="chapterNumber" style="text-indent: 0%;">
					<span class="bold">
					</span>
				</h2>
				<h2 class="chapterTitle" style="text-indent: 0%;">
					<span class="bold">
						Ebb &amp; Flow
					</span>
				</h2>
			</div>
The TOC should look like this (and does in Calibre & on my Touch):

Part 1: Memories Are Like Raindrops
1. Ebb & Flow

But in Sigil, immediately upon opening up the file, it looks like:

Part 1
Memories Are Like Raindrops
Ebb & Flow

All I wanted to do was to put some extra space between the chapter headings and the body text in this epub file. I discovered pdfhtml inspector last night and it will let me do it without messing up the TOC and italics, but it's not as user-friendly as Sigil. I much prefer Sigil for its wysiwyg interface.

So is there an easy fix that will let me use Sigil?
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote