View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #14
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
While I will admit I'm not exactly thrilled about the new icons, their appearance is immaterial to how well the program works. I would much rather have a program that works well than looks good (not that it doesn't now). I would prefer that Kovid continue to concentrate with his fine work in making a useful program and concentrate primarily on changes to improve the usability of the program than be diverted over some silly icons (face it, no matter what icons he puts up, someone will bitch about it). I looked at a lot of programs had glitzy and even really nice looking screen displays that were nicer than calibre's but they were not nearly as useful. Guess which program I chose? Too much of an issue has been made over these icons. Please, everyone, build a bridge and get over it.

Btw, Starson17, I so agree with you about creeping option bloat (are you listening MS?).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote