View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
chris_c
Member Retired
chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.chris_c can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
ldconfig is usually used to update the **system** cache and library sym-links . . .
But it can also be used to create the proper sym-links of a manually specified directory.

In this thread, it could be used in place of that long list of manually entered "ln -s ..." commands. Details in the ldconfig manual page.

O.T:
No number of simlies substitutes for public courtesy, even when you disagree with someone.
I'm really *very* sorry if my "attempt" at humour has upset you in any way that was not my intent.

I'd be interested in how you'd use ldconfig like this, would bad sym links need removing manually first?
chris_c is offline   Reply With Quote