View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharrisma View Post
Hi Starson17

No, I most certainly did NOT realize these things; my experience with Calibre is fairly limited, having had it for only a couple of weeks now. I've got it populated, and backfilled in a lot of metadata and cover art, converted some formats to mobi (seems to be the best-behaved on my Kindle), but that's about it. I just last night found out about some plug-ins (didn't know they were even available), and so just last night "opened the hood," so to speak.

I can follow the code well enough; where does one input these tweaks? I guess what I should be asking for is a good (but not too heavy) source of info, like a wiki, for Calibre. I do a lot better with printed manuals, for technical stuff, than online or onscreen, for some reason. Probably comes with being nearly 60.

Again, thanks for the info; I'll be banging around down in the boiler-room, seeing what's in there and hauling my tired keister up the learning curve.
Preferences: Near the bottom, you will find Tweaks.
Each one is heavily commented.
After applying, you need to restart Calibre
(I'll never see 60... again)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote