View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #123
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
accent problem in dictionary (epub format?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hokkaido View Post
Hi, I have the pb603. The french dictionary can't highlight a whole word if there is an accent in it e.g République ...if highlighted it either can select on either side of the accented 'e' or just the e itself. USing the keys you can slowly move round to select words from their beginning (bar before first letter) and this works..but this is v slow and not useful.

ANy ideas?
Your ebooks are in epub format, perhaps?
actually it's a problem regarding italian books also, and I wonder if appears in other languages. After some tests involving a maddening procedure for embedding a font in epub files, I think it's something related to epub interpreter, because I tried the same book in txt, rtf, pdb formats and there's no problem with them, the word is entirely highlighted.

So my advice is using calibre to convert in rtf and check if the problem persists.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote